How to Prepare for Easter
Easter is coming up in just a few days! Like most things, the more I prepare the more I will get out of it. Here are some ways to prepare for Easter:
- Pray – be praying fervently for your church, the leaders, the services, etc. Some great prayers to pray could be: Ephesians 3:20-21; Romans 10:1; Ephesians 6:18-19; Acts 4:29; Philippians 1:9-10; Exodus 33:18.
- Read – read daily a gospel account of the last days of Jesus’ life. The garden, betrayal, trial, crucifixion. Somberly reading and reflecting on the substitutionary death of Christ will “sling shot” you into celebrating in the victorious resurrection. A reading plan for the week could be:
Tuesday: Luke 22:39-53
Wednesday: Luke 22:54-71
Thursday: Luke 23:1-32
Friday: Luke 23:33-56
Saturday: Luke 24:1-27
- Invite – invite someone (someone not already going to another church😀) to join you at your church. A personal invitation is usually best, but don’t hesitate to also use other means like social media (click here for Biltmore Easter series trailer to share).
- Greet – be sure to graciously greet people at church. Most people decide if they are “welcome” within the first 5 minutes of arriving.
- Serve – most churches have extra people on Easter so that also means extra needs. Remember, being a Christ-follower is not about others serving you, it’s about you serving others because Christ served you.
- Celebrate! – show up at your church rested and fired up to worship! The tomb is empty and Jesus lives! Act like it!
- Click here for Biltmore service times and locations
- Pray – yes, I know I said that already, but I really want you to pray. Plus, I didn’t want six points because seven sounded better.
Have a great Easter!